The manufacturing and processing precision requirements for manufacturing molds are relatively strict, so the manufacturing costs of manufacturing molds are in line with the standards of mold manufacturing higher in order to make the material requirements reasonable and prolong the conditions. Maintain working conditions and extend the conditions of mold selection. The important requirement of mold manufacturing needs to meet the following conditions.
1. The injection mold steel should have good processing performance, and the deformation should be small when working in a high temperature environment and heat treatment.
2. The working surface of the molten material flow channel in the mold cavity should have a small negative force of the material flow, so that the surface roughness value of the working surface should be reduced, and the steel should have good polishing performance, and there should be no impurities in the material. No pores.
3. Excellent wear resistance. In order to maintain the dimensional accuracy of the mold structure for a long time, it is very necessary to require the working surface of the mold after processing to be wear-resistant. Especially when the raw materials of processed molding products contain glass fiber hard fillers, it is easy to accelerate the wear of the working surface of the mold. For such a mold, there must be sufficient hardness and wear resistance.
4. Good corrosion performance of steel. In the production process of plastic melt molding, the plastic raw materials and some auxiliary materials must be in contact with the steel, which has a certain chemical corrosion effect on the steel. In order to maintain good corrosion resistance of the mold, corrosion-resistant alloy steel or high-quality carbon steel must be selected, and the surface should be chrome-plated or nickel-plated if necessary.
5. The steel should have sufficient working strength. In addition to a certain hardness after surface heat treatment, the selected steel should also have sufficient core strength. Because the injection mold has to withstand a large injection pressure and clamping force during operation, the core of the steel used for the injection mold must be considered strength.
Chapman Maker has always insisted on doing the most professional things and giving customers the most worry-free service. I believe that our professionalism can solve your problems!
For more technical questions, you can consult Chapman Maker team and provide professional technical support.
Post time: May-16-2022